Published on: Nov 18, 2019
Hiring Full-Time Line Cooks for Breakfast/Lunch service at Central Los Angeles coffee bar
Please reply directly to j[email protected] with your contact information and/or resume.
About the Company
Go Get Em Tiger is a coffee company based in Los Angeles, featuring vibrant cafes, delicious food, memorable hospitality, and of the most delicious coffees around. We provide, for our customers and employees, spaces where great coffee, food and community intersect fluidly.
About the Job
Go Get Em Tiger is looking for Full-Time Line Cooks to join our team at our Larchmont coffeebar!
Their kitchens are open every day until 4pm, so this job is ideal for anyone looking to get up early and have their evenings free! GGET is a fast-growing company with LA roots.
As a member of the Kitchen Team, you will be responsible for executing all of our food menu items in a high-volume fast-casual restaurant environment, working directly with our cafe teams to provide memorable experiences to our customers. We are a hospitality-oriented coffee company and many of our stores feature open kitchens. We are looking for Kitchen Team members who are hard working and share our interest in excellent hospitality and delicious coffee and food.
What will I do?
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of G&B/Go Get Em Tiger values and standards, including the 10 Principles of Customer Service, as outlined in the company training documents.
- Open and set up the kitchen line.
- Close and reset the kitchen for next day’s service.
- Work with speed and precision to fulfill food orders to company standards and within ticket time goals.
- Maintain high kitchen cleanliness and organization standards.
- Execute daily prep items, such as garnishes.
- Portion prep items for efficient line work.
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness by performing regular cleaning and maintenance of kitchen tools and equipment.
- Run food items with a focus on hospitality.
- Communicate clearly and openly with customers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Some experience working in a high-volume kitchen.
- Experience working in an open kitchen preferred.
- Experience working within large, diverse teams.
- Valid California Food Handler card or a willingness to attain one.
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities
- Solid knife and general kitchen skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to hustle.
- Ability to close or open the kitchen line for each shift.
- Ability to provide reliable transportation to/from work.
- Majority of shifts spent standing, walking
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Frequent bending at the waist, reaching, grabbing
- Frequent use of knives.
- Exposure to a kitchen environment with moderate noise levels and heat.
Why you’ll love working here…
- We offer competitive wages.
- You’ll drinks all of the free coffee/tea/other beverages you can drink while you’re working.
- Staff discounts on retail coffee, food, and merch.
- Our leadership team wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- We are company with a proven track record that’s growing fast and grounded in the Los Angeles community.
- We offer comprehensive health insurance plan, including full dental and vision coverage.
- We are a company full of passionate people who care about what we do.
Go Get Em Tiger will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Go Get Em Tiger provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we have facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.